cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Native currency conversion issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using standard HANA currency conversion feature to convert a currency value that is in multiple currencies to USD.

We have checked our HANA model and it does not seem to have any issue. However, the converted value of the currency is much higher than what it should be (almost triple).

I am trying to understand what is causing this issue and how HANA Native functionality is coming up with these numbers. Can anyone help me with what logic HANA Native functionality uses (such as which T table it hits first extract what, which one it hits next , which ratio it picks and then calculates the converted value?).

Any tips on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic currency conversion feature only works for the Analytical views and Aggregation Nodes of the Calculation view now. Does not work specifically for the Projection Node of the calculation view. As per my understanding this looks like the standard HANA functionality (Currency Conversion Not to work on the Projection Node).

Please try currency conversion in analytical view and check it working or not.

Thanks

Naga

0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Once you have done with below settings on the measure, the conversion starts from the TCURR table.

The conversion will consider the source, target, exchange type , valid from fields from TCURR table and do the calculations accordingly.

valid from date you can get by inversion with 99999999 from the valid from value.

Ex: 79859397

99999999 - 79859397 = 20140602

Thanks,

Suresh