cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Expert Script in BW Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please can anyone share some resource (as well as the sample codes) around Hana Expert Script in BW Transformation (Trx Code: RSA1).

Many thanks,

Sen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally figure it out how to write Hana Expert Script (aka BW-generated Store Procedure) in BW Transformation. Thanks.

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Did you have any problems with HANA Expert Script transformations? I've faced error during DTP, if source and target table structs are different, and DTP delivers >= 1 record.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sen,

I'm facing the same problem. I'm trying to create a Hana Expert Script transformation in BW but don't find any resources or sample codes. Could you please post your solution?

Thank you!

Florian

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Florian,

Check SQLScript reference for syntax of such transformation. SAP® HANA Expert routine is a db stored procedure with read-only privs (as you can see in routine header) with input parameter as structure of an source table (table type) and output parameter as structure of a target table (table type also). To add such transformation go to "Edit -> Routines -> SAP HANA Expert Script create". Considering target table like "0SOURSYSTEM, ZKEY, ZATTR, ZMES" and source table like "0SOURSYSTEM, ZKEY, ZKEY2, ZATTR, ZATTR2, ZDATE, ZMES" you should write a code like:

outTab =

select

SOURSYSTEM

, case

when ZATTR = 'A'

then ZKEY

else ZKEY || ZKEY2

end as "/BIC/ZKEY"

, "/BIC/ZATTR"

, lag("/BIC/ZMES", 1, 0) over(

partition by

SOURSYSTEM

, ZKEY

, ZATTR

order by

to_date(ZDATE, 'yyyymmdd') asc --BW stores date as yyyymmdd in HANA

) as "/BIC/ZMES"

You could use another tables in your routine. For more details check reference doc.

But I faced some limitations like:

• cannot create target attributes different from source (I've got an error about absence of this attrs in some internal auxiliary structure)
  • all fields in select list must match with target fields by name and by position. You shoud rename them using "<fieldname> as <target_field_name>" sql feature
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andrew,

first of all, thanks for your fast answer!

I've created two identical DSOs for testing purposes and tried to simply copy the data from DSO1 to DSO2.

I'm using following code:

-- In follow you can see the fields of the input table inTab

-- and the field of the output table outTab.

-- inTab fields:

-- "/BIC/MNUIO1"

-- "RECORDMODE"

-- "CALYEAR"

-- "/BIC/MNUIO2"

-- "/BIC/MNUKYF1"

-- "RECORD"

-- outTab fields:

-- "/BIC/MNUIO1"

-- "RECORDMODE"

-- "CALYEAR"

-- "/BIC/MNUIO2"

-- "/BIC/MNUKYF1"

outTab = select "/BIC/MNUIO1", "RECORDMODE", "CALYEAR", "/BIC/MNUIO2", "/BIC/MNUKYF1" from inTab;

When I try to activate the routine I get this error:

"invalid table name: Could not find table/view INTAB in schema SAPBT2: line 22 col 92 (at pos 845)"

Do you have any clue what I'm doing wrong? In my opinion the syntax is fulfilling the requirements of the SQLscript reference.

And I have a second small question. If I create a routine, I can save and test it. If I try to modify it afterwards, it allways forgets my changes. That means, I have to erase the old routine and rebuild it. Do you experience the same bug or is it a specific problem of my test system?

Cheers,

Florian

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Florian,

sorry for my silence.

Florian Acker wrote:

And I have a second small question. If I create a routine, I can save and test it. If I try to modify it afterwards, it allways forgets my changes. That means, I have to erase the old routine and rebuild it. Do you experience the same bug or is it a specific problem of my test system?

Yes, it's very strange bug, I've faced the same issue for the first time I've tried HANA Expert routine. And my solution was the same But then I've found, that if you try to edit routine after activation, it really is not in "edit" mode, but in a "view" mode. So try to click "edit" for one time (you'll go to real "view" mode and see glasses at the toolbar) and then click it twice to return to real "edit" mode. It works great, but very very weird way.

According to your script: go to SAP® HANA SQLScript Reference, p 49 (6. Declarative SQLScript Logic). there you can see how to bind table variables and how to select them with examples. In your case inTab must be prefixed by colon (:inTab). It must solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, it was the missing colon! Now it works perfectly. Unfortunately I didn't get to page 49 yet, but I hope to finish the guide soon.

And I'm gonna try your "edit bug" hint, hope it works for me as well.

Thanks again for your efforts and have a nice week!

Florian

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have written below piece of code in  SAP HANA Expert Script.

outTab = select "/BIC/zEBELN", "RECORDMODE", "/BIC/ZVENDOR"  from :inTab;

it showing following error,

sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "AS": line 1 col 221 (at pos 221),

Could you please help me or provide sample code for SAP HANA Expert Script.

Thank you,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Nanda.

If this is the exact copy of your script, then you should write all capitals between double quotes (so "/BIC/zEBELN" is absent in source and target). Columns with double-quoted names will have the same name as you entered, and you'll need to double-quote them all the time you refer them (HANA distinguishes "plant" and plant).

And also no need to put 0-infoobjects into double quotes, you can refer them as normal columns (plant, recordmode, material and so on). Try fix your code in than way.

Also you could try the following. Considering your source tab is ZTST_D01 DSO , go to HANA Studio and write select "/BIC/ZEBELN", "RECORDMODE", "/BIC/ZVENDOR"  from <your HANA schema name>."/BIC/AZTST_D0100"; and then execute it. If it will work, copy all statement (with ";" sign, paste it into the transformation and activate it. It should work. Next you can simply replace tablename with :inTab input table-variable.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

We do not have HANA Studio.

Corrected SELECT statement as per your guidelines however still same error.

My exact select statement is.

outTab = SELECT "/BIC/ZOI_EBELN", RECORDMODE, "/BIC/ZEPMPNL"  FROM :inTab;

sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "AS": line 1 col 221 (at pos 221)

We are using following version SAP BW on HANA

SAP_BW          740       0005     SAPKW74005   SAP Business Warehouse

Regards,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Nanda,

Check if generated transformation corresponds to inTab and outTab structures (you can find inTab and outTab fields as commented lines at the beginning of transformation. Also you can try to drop and regenerate this transformation with the same script. Or try to paste your statement in the following manner:

outTab =

SELECT

"/BIC/ZOI_EBELN",

RECORDMODE,

"/BIC/ZEPMPNL"

FROM

:inTab;

What is an "error line" this time?

Best regards,

Andrew

P.S.

You can ask your customer to provide you an install package of HANA Studio as it's usage included in  BW on HANA license.

Message was edited by: Andrew Eliseev

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error in substep

An exception was raised

Error during generation

Error when activating Transformation 0RYPPFLE639PSEO8I7LMMFIKI4FYW7R8

Same error again.

Regards,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm. Did you insert your code below or above commented lines? (my routine starts with the next text

-- You need to implement a procedure.

-- If you do not do this, the transformation cannot be activated.

-- In follow you can see the fields of the input table inTab

-- and the field of the output table outTab.

)

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Here is the screenshot , exactly what I am doing.

Regards,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Nanda,

According to my test, the error is in hidden lines. Because if I make a mistake in real select statement, it shows the line other, than 1. And when I've inserted some random letters at the first line, I've got "error at line 1, pos 235" (but I've put it at the very beginning of the editor window). Pos 221, as I think, is something near the end of the procedure header (generated at the top of your screenshot). Check your comments under the white rectangle, they should be enclosed into /* for the beginning and */ for the end.

Lastly, your code will be:

/*

Created by <some person> at <some day>

Edited by <next person> at <next day>

<Some company>

*/

--outTab fields:

-- <generated code>

outTab = select <field list>

Check my screenshot.

Best regards,

Andrew

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I tried all ways however still its same error.

Nothing is there in Line 1 col 221.

Regards,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

The last thing I can suggest is to delete everything in editor window and write the next  code: outTab = select * from :outTab;. Then to add columns one by one, and in the end to replace :outTab with :inTab.

Sorry for absence of another solution variants.

Best regards,

Andrew

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

After looking at your screenshot , I got confident that its going work, may be problem with version or OSS note.

Could you please share me what version your using.

We are using below version.

SAP_BW7400005SAPKW74005SAP Business Warehouse

Regards,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda.

We're using 74007 version, so issue maybe because of version difference. But it's very strange. Try to contact with support.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

74007 (007 is support package number)?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, 740 sp 007.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using 5 , may be that's the reason.

Anyway million thank you Andrew for great conversion and fruitful.

Thank you,

Nanda

former_member216578
Participant
0 Kudos

You're welcome! Glad to help you the best I can.

Please, post your solution, if you'll find one.

Best regards,

Andrew

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Definitely Andrew.

Regards,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda, Not sure if you still have this issue, but I tried in sp5 with select * from :intab and it worked .

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantha,

How did you get this editor? Please assist me with navigation.

Thanks and regards,

Maunank