cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POC for SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to do POC on SAP HANA by using EWM (Enterprise Warehouse Management) tables.  Is there any process guide for 'How to launch the tables in HANA platform' and How to load the data to those tables.

If possible please share the document / links to move further.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Unless you have a HANA expert at hand who can redesign your tables to fully utilize column storage and in-memory capabilities, the best course of action would be to do an as-is data import to start with. Doing even that can give you an expected 300-700% performance improvement for the sake of a PoC.

Here is how:

Option #1: Use an ETL tool, say, BODS (SAP Data Services) to map your input tables to HANA. BODS will create the tables for you and import the data.

Option #2: Derive the DDLs for your existing tables in the traditional database and use those to generate HANA table creation scripts. Then, export your data to character delimited flat files and use the HANA import utility to get the data into HANA.

Personally, I like Option #2. Although it needs a little more effort, I found the process faster.

Warm Regards,

Debi

P.S. I did write some Perl code for Option #2. Let me know if you need that; disclaimer: no warranties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi debi,

Can u telll what the methods to upload Data SAP HANA..one method is flat file which we are familiar..what are the other ways???? canu please  tell