cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration from SQL Server 2008 to SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know the steps and process for Data migration from SQL Server 2008 to SAP HANA using SAP HANA Studio?

I have gone through couple of resources, but most of them talk about using SQL BusinessObject Data Designer Studio, but I am not having license to install it.

So there is a way to do it from SAP HANA?

Thanks

Roop.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is not heavy duty migration (Business suite or something), as I said in:

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

There is no direct way to get data from SQL Server into SAP HANA via HANA Studio. You'll need to either use BCP, SSIS, or the Export wizard in SQL Server Management Studio to create text delimited files and then load them onto your SAP HANA box. SAP HANA Studio has limits in the size of text files you can import. The last time I tried with SPS6, I could only import 30k rows. What I end up doing is copying the text files onto the SAP HANA server and then using the IMPORT command to load the text files into my SAP HANA tables.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

An idea,from SQL Server imports the DDL statement with their insertions and paste it into SAP HANA Script and performs the corresponding translations.

With this you would HANA data tables, this I relizado in DEMO HANA, but not recommended for a form of migration process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please excuse me for the question, it might sound silly but I am not an expert on using SAP and have just about knowledge with c and c++ language.

I have somewhat similar question. I have client-server application. This client reads data sets from the server and prints it on console window. I need to send this data to sap hana server on real time basis. So my question is , which is best possible way to connect my client to sap hana server?

I want the data read by my client to be sent directly to SAP HANA. I want to know is it possible to do that , if yes then what is the best option?? or its compulsory to have some kind of sap product in between like e.g sap PCo.