cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect HANA with MS SSIS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to insert data with using SSIS.How can I connect hana with SSIS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

HI,

Does anyone has leads for Connecting the SAP HANA from MS SSIS package.

I am not able to connect or establish the connection with SAP hana from SSIS .

I have already perform the following steps

1. I have also installed HANA ODBC 64 Bit driver installed.

1. Establish the Data Source connection by making the ODBC connection using HDBODBC64 and the connection is successful

2. In SSIS Package i use the ADO.NET as the data source and check the ODBC Data provider and select  .NET Providers\ SAP Hana Data Provider.

3. I have furnished all the relevant details and also USER ID .PWD, Server name,Schema Name etc

4. I have not mentioned init string and i am getting the following error:-

ERROR

TITLE: Connection Manager

------------------------------

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. The type initializer for 'Sap.Data.Hana.HanaConnection' threw an exception.

BUTTONS:

OK

Can anybody over here can suggest what i have done wrong here and what should i do correct?

paula_ditallo
Participant
0 Kudos

Atyant (or anyone),

Has anyone resolved the type initializer for Sap.Data.Hana.HanaConnection threw an exception issue?  I have the same trouble over here.

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the options are: 1) using ODBC driver 2) using .net native driver - dll (SP08 or after) 3) creating a web service in HANA that takes your crud operation for the first two options above you need a HANA user id - valid credentials to the system and of course be able to reach the system. option 3 requires additional dev on HANA, open the service to be exposed for consumption,etc

paula_ditallo
Participant
0 Kudos

Sergio,

Thanks for replying.  In this case I have the ODBC driver working through the usual Windows-->Admin Tools-->ODBC connection without any issue.  When I attempt to use it within the context of SSIS as a ADO.NET w/ODBC connection is when I see the "threw an exception" failure.

former_member611034
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio how i install the using .net native driver - dll (SP08 or after)?

I have try by odbc but i cant call the dts depevelop remote because it dont work, if i run the dts work fine.haciendacorrelativo.txt

0 Kudos

ETL-Processes with Microsoft SSIS for SAP HANA

http://www.bibabos.com/sap/etl-processes-ms-ssis-sap-hana/

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install the SAP HANA Client softare, which comes with HANA ODBC driver. From SSIS you can use the driver to load data into HANA

deepak_chodha
Explorer
0 Kudos

did you get any solution to do this?

I am having a similar requirement SQL->SSIS->HANA.

Regards,Deepak