cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA PAL AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ERROR, HELP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone,

I'm learning PAL now. According to the examples in the book hana_dev_pal_en, I write a script to run KNN in HANA. But I get this error:

Could not execute 'call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator('palKNN','AFLPAL','KNN',PDATA)'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error:  [2] SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR: line 34 col 1 (at pos 1472): GenericFailure exception: general error: invalid area name: "_SYS_AFL"."AFLPAL"

Anyone encountered this error before?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I have solved the problem. I reinstalled the AFL library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The threads and videos you suggested did not help with this issue at all. None of the link your provided describes the solution to this particular problem. I suggest in future posts, actually answer the question instead of posting links to irrelevant content. This will save time for people facing this issue.

Thanks,

Hans

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh pargaonkar,

This error might have been caused because you are trying to create duplicate procedures using the wrapper function. Drop the procedure you have created and the associated types from _SYS_AFL schema.

and then try to execute it again.

or

Instead of dropping all relevant table types and the procedure manually the counter part to AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR called AFL_WRAPPER_ERASER can be used. SAP has released AFL_wrapper_eraser procedure which can be used to fix this duplicate user-defined type name issues. Follow the instructions on the SAP Note : 1830239

Regards,

Naveen Lekkala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I have solved the problem. I reinstalled the AFL library.