Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Studio "The system is locked; the license is invalid or has expired"

waldemar_schakiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using HANA Studio 1.0.48 with HANA One AWS-instance successfully since 4 month. Since one week my HANA Studio Ver. 1.0.48 can't connect with the HANA-DB. Following errors appear during connecting:

• "The system is locked; the license is invalid or has expired"
  • Details:

Could not get environment of system 'HDB'. 'Internal error occurred'

SAP DBTech JDBC: 437: only commands for license handling are allowed in current state: M_INIFILE_CONTENTS: line 1 col 33 (at pos 32)

Could not read version information.

SAP DBTech JDBC: 437: only commands for license handling are allowed in current state: M_SERVICES: line 1 col 97 (at pos 96)

Could not get activated features of system 'HDB'. 'Internal error occurred'

SAP DBTech JDBC: 437: only commands for license handling are allowed in current state: VIEW_COLUMNS: line 1 col 32 (at pos 31)

What is wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the steps on this link to update the HANA licence key.

This has fixed it for me, my HANA One Dev instance on the Amazon cloud is working again.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31036

Greetings

Andreas

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

HANA Dev Edition is not eaxctly the same as HANA One as HANA One is for production and commerical use with hourly subscription.

Please review for HANA .Deployment Options

The latest HANA One release is summarized in

Best regards,

Swapan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Waldermar,

SAP HANA One Rev 48 (99 cents/hr for HANA on AWS) was released on Feb 17, 2013. Are you using this SAP HANA One Rev 48? Then the information you provided don't match as you can not use SAP HANA One Rev 48 for 4 months. Our previous version, SAP HANA One Rev 38 was released on Oct 16, 2012. SAP HANA One Rev 38 was not directly upgraded to Rev 48 by SAP HANA team. All of these releases have 1 year permanent license for production use.

However, you will be able to reset SYSTEM password if you have OS (root) access to your instance. You may follow the last section of the discussion to find how to recover SYSTEM password in any HANA landscape (appliance, cloud, etc.).

Thanks and regards,
Swapan