cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the distinct values in Attribute View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing the data preview of attribute view its showing duplicate records.

Can i restrict all these duplicate in attribute view and get only distinct values?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have assigned all attribute as Key attribute.

Then also I am not getting distinct values .

Please guide me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak  ,

Attribute View is similar to the Master data Object in the BW System , so when defining the attribute please select the Proper Keys to identity the Master data .

check the join condition between the tables which you are joining to get the attribute values .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check the Key Attribute combination in the Source System and Create Attribute view with the same combination.

so that you won't get any duplicate values.

If you are taking fields randomly Pls ensure that you are taking at least one primary key combination  use the same combination while creating Attribute View.

As u know that the purpose of Attribute view is to store the Master Data Objects like BI/BW which stores Non duplicate values.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

After doing the data preview, by default you will be in "Raw Data" tab which shows all the values.

If you want to display only distinct values, use the tab "Distinct Values". It will not eliminate the duplicate records but show only distinct values.

But if you want to restict your results to get only the distinct values' then while modeling you need to make the attribute as Key attribute.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I believe you are displaying attribute which is not a key attribute which is why there are duplicate values visible. Proper selection of key attribute in attribute view would resolve this issue.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Nimesh Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimesh,

Thanks for responding.

In my scenario i dont have any key attribute so i have given some random key attribute .

Because its mandatory to have key attribute in Attribute View.The problem is source itself having duplicate data but i want to restrict all these.

Is there any way to put distinct in Attribute View.So I will get only distinct records.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak Atrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

You may try calculation view with SQL for achieving this functionality. Where in you can specify SQL statement as Select distinct ... and then use this calculation view further into other information models.

Regards

Nimesh Kapadia