Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while connecting SAP HANA DB from SAP HANA Studio

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have an issue with connecting my SAP HANA DB from studio. I can login from putty but i can not connect my system from studio. Can any one help?

Regards,

Hardik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

Please follow HANA One config document Configuring HANA One and Installing SAP HANA Studio

You probably did not open JDBC (30015) and SAPControl ports (50013-14) as described in step 10.d.

Once you have the ports opened and HANA is running, you will be able to connect HANA Studio with your server.

Please let us know whether you still have the problem.

Regards,

Swapan

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Yes, that was the problem.

i did not open the JDBC and SAPControl ports but now its working great.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Hardik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your question Hardik!

If you can log in to the instance using PuTTY but are unable to connect to HANA using HANA Studio, first confirm that HANA us up and running. To confirm that HANA is up, login to the instance using PuTTY (or any other SSH client), and run the following commands:

shell >> su - hdbadm

shell >> HDB info

If you see hdbnameserver, hdbindexserver, hdbstatisticsserver, hdbpreprocessor and hdbxsengine in the output, then HANA is up, there is possibly a firewall issue.

Please go to AWS Console > EC2 > Security Groups > SAP HANA One - Rev 38[AutogenByAWSMp] > Inbound, and make sure ports 30015 and 50013-50014 are in the list on the right side of the page. If they are not there, please add these ports and try connecting from HANA Studio again.

Thanks

Mudit