Healthcare providers have difficulties determining the correct and best treatment for their patients.
Increasing need for the entire value chain to become networked, efficient and focused on improving the quality of treatments.
Strengthen position in budget negotiations with health insurers
Health care providers can make the most up to date patient data available to medical doctors and researchers (e.g. using iPad application or mobile device) so that they can access all the data across multiple sources anytime while they’re visiting patients anywhere in or outside the hospital.
For example one of Europe's biggest hospital Charite (Germany) is able to collect, filter and control their data much faster with SAP HANA and SAP Electronic Medical Record (SAP EMR) for patient care, teaching and driving research. As Martin Peuker, Vice CIO at Charité University Hospital Berlin explains “Today we analyze terabytes of data in a matter of seconds. This is of great advantage to both the executive management as well as to doctors and patients”.
Another example is the "HANA Oncolyzer": Researchers and clinicians can access data from relevant patients and analyze them at the patient's bed. In the interdisciplinary research cooperation, researchers from the Hasso Plattner Institute, Charité, and SAP formed a solution for mobile devices, which combines real-time analysis and intuitive user interface. Thus, time-consuming manual searches in distributed database systems are no longer needed. SAP HANA combines search in structured and unstructured data instantly to support daily work of physicians.
Rapid prescription of treatment in conjunction with partner institutions thus eliminating redundant treatment
Gather insights from patients to cost-effectively improve quality care and in turn ensure that treatments can be personalized
Improve productivity of health service staff
- Shorten waiting time for patients
- Combined search in structured and unstructured data
- Real-time analysis of patient data
- Video: Charité runs HANA
- Video: Dr. Christian Regenbrecht, Cancer Researcher at SAP HANA in Action in the Healthcare Industry
- Dr. Christian Regenbrecht (Charité) and Dr. Matthieu-P. Schapranow (Hasso Plattner Institute) were honored with the 2012 Innovation Award of the German Capital Region for the results of the Research Initiative "HANA Oncolyzer"
- Blog: HANA speeds cancer research results
- Video: AOK and SAP Set New Standards."
- Press Release: AOK chooses SAP HANA to improve patient treatment
- Blog: Mark Heff Blog: HANA and the future of Personal... | SCN
- eBook: Transform your Big Data into Big Value – Healthcare Industry
- Blog: Using big data to cure cancer, Bina ushers in new era of medicine | VentureBeat
- eBook : HANA opportunities for Healthcare