The SAP HANA (In memory) database supports a wide variety of interfaces: ODBC (for C/C++ based programs), JDBC (for Java applications), ODBO (for analytic applications), and internally the Python DBAPI and SQLDBC. SAP HANA database interfaces provide the implementation layer between the database and the application. The supported interfaces components provide a database access Application Programming Interface (API) for their respective language and environment. For some interface components the API is defined by a standards body or an application.
The objective of the certification program is to integrate SAP HANA with 3rd party ETL tools. Once the minimum requirements by the partner ETL tool are met, the integration by SAP is certified. The following interfaces are currently available for partners to certify their ETL tools against SAP HANA.
|JDBC||JAVA||Java Community Process (JCP)||3.0, 4.0|
|ODBC||C/C++||SQL Standard (SQL/CLI), Microsoft||3.0, 3.51|
The following system landscape prerequisites must be deployed by the partners in their lab environment for the SAP HANA certification:
- SAP HANA (SP04 or SP05, latest Revision) appliance
- SAP HANA Studio and SAP HANA Drivers installed - Latest Revision
- SAP Data Sources Connectivity ( Ex: ECC, ERP, BW, SCM, CRM etc.)
- Non Sap Data Sources Connectivity ( 3rd party Applications/Databases)
- Partner ETL tool (latest release version) landscape configured and connected to SAP HANA via ODBC/JDBC dedicated user.
- Connectivity to SAP HANA Cloud instance on Amazon Web Services -> For cloud based ETL use case scenarios
This section provides a list of the ETL relevant HANA database features and associated requirements for tighter integration between the ETL tool and the SAP HANA database. A partner ETL tool certified on SAP HANA should enable consumption of these features to the end user for all data replication business scenarios. If the ETL tool has any limitations in supporting these features, they must be communicated clearly during the certification process.
- Connectivity, Security
- Read, Write & Update data into SAP HANA db
- Bulk Data Inserts, Delta Loading Mechanism
- Administration, Monitoring, Error Handlind & Debugging
- Mechnism to import data into SAP HANA Repository for all Metadata Objects etc.
The steps for participating in the certification program is to apply through SAP ICC and then work with the SAP HANA Product Management team to validate the above technical requirements & use case scenarios and finally execute the necessary test scripts to successfully complete the SAP HANA certification.